Saturday, June 12, 2010

Truck & Tractor Pulls...Say what?!?

I've always considered myself to be a bit of a country girl, but I must admit I didn't have a clue what a truck & tractor pull was until I met my totally country boy husband, Travis. Just the slightest reference to a truck & tractor pull sends bolts of electric excitement all across his face. I believe it's the one thing in life that could trump taking a trip down passion lane with me. There's just something that the roar of those loud engines and the smell of burning fuel does to a country boy.

Now, I even find myself getting excited about upcoming pull events. The whole scene ignites the country boy or girl in you. The smell of cheap beer & scrumptous brats, body odor, burning fuel & smoke...the applause for a pull well done, a boisterous "Git R' Done", or the simultaneous, sympathetic "Oooooohhhhhs" coming from the crowd when some poor guy blows up his engine from working it a bit too hard.

Since the thundering noise is almost loud enough to wake the dead, you may want to grab yourself a pair of ear plugs or muffs. These Peltor earmuffs are great for the little fans.

The Watertown Lion's are hosting their 11th Annual Truck & Tractor Pull on Saturday, June 19th at Badgerland Park. Another favorite of ours are the pulls at the Jefferson Country Fair. We've also been to the Budweiser Dairyland Super National Tractor Pulls in Tomah, WI; this was one of my favorites because they had so many different classes to see and watch!

Come on...Channel your inner country boy or girl, grab your kiddos, and boot scootin boogie on out to some of the pulls this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment