Monday, December 20, 2010

Green Eggs & Ham...

Anyone who knows me, knows that I love the color green in almost any shade. So it should come as no surprise that the first few green eggs our girls have laid have been favorites of mine.

The kids think they are pretty neat-O! I'm thinking of having a green eggs & ham breakfast with the kids and some of our green eggs. We can snuggle up and read the book, Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss, and then make our own... A touch of green food coloring added to the egg whites would jazz up the inside! If you ever get the hankerin' to throw your own Green Eggs and Ham breakfast bash, let me know and I'd be happy to set aside a dozen or so green eggs for you and yours!

The most eggs our girls have laid in one day....ELEVEN (including 2 gorgeous greens)!!!


I can't get enough of all the beautful shades of brown and green along with the various shapes and sizes. Just like snowflakes, there are never two eggs exactly alike!

1 comment:

  1. They are just so darn pretty-- I almost wouldn't want to eat them! Almost... ; ) I would love to bring Connor by sometime, though, so he could see the chickens and collect an egg or two. I think he'd love it! How much would you charge for a tour? * WINK *

    ~ Deb

    ReplyDelete