Monday, December 6, 2010

Egg In The Hole (or Star) !!!

I've seen others make this yet I'm always surprised how many people have never heard of it! It's everything eggs and toast should be...simply delicious!

What you'll need:

Farm Fresh Eggs
Bread
Butter
Salt
Pepper
A Cookie/Biscuit Cutter

First, pull out your farm fresh eggs. These are the eggs I've been purchasing from the grocery for $4/dozen since I saw that horrific video I showed you in my very first Happy Hen post while waiting for my happy hens to start making eggs for me!



Aren't they lovely?



Use your cookie cutter to cut out the centers of your bread slices...


Warm up your fry pan and drop a hunk of real butter in that baby...



Slap your beautiful bread creation down over that butter...



Crack your egg down in that hole.... I always find myself wanting to shout, "Egg in the hole!" Kinda' like "Fire in the hole!" I'd like to think I'm not the only one.


Add some salt & pepper. Let it sizzle & fry until it's ready to flip...if you've ever cooked an egg, you'll know when. If you haven't cooked an egg, try that first.

FLIP and enjoy the view while the underside is becoming just as scrumptious and golden delicious as the first!

Serve along side some bacon, sausage, fresh fruit, hashbrowns...or whatever you'd like. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment