Friday, April 29, 2011

Spring Peepers!

As some of you know, I work at a farm cooperative.  Today, our first order of 25 Hobby Farm Assorted chicks arrived (Jumbo Broilers, Special Blacks & Browns from Sunnyside Hatchery).   One of the chicks didn't make the trip, but the rest were peppy and chirping away.  I love having chicks in the office, particularly when little children come through.  I get to show them off and the kids get so excited at the chance to pet a chick!  Many of the adults that swing through aren't as enthused; they are more curious about how I tolerate the chirping for the day.  Hearing these guys & gals doesn't bother me at all, as a matter of fact, these cute little critters made me want to order more for myself.  I've resisted the temptation-at least for now!

1 comment:

  1. They are adorable! And I wouldn't mind the chirping either... :)

    ReplyDelete